Wednesday, November 25, 2009

So Good.


Despite being about a month and a half late in discovering the Raveonettes' new album, I think I've listened to it (on repeat) enough times to compensate for the lost time. Needless to say, I am fucking obsessed. The Raveonettes, who's name is a direct combination of The Ronnettes & Buddy Holly's "Rave On!", are an extremely underrated rock & roll duo from Denmark that I have been in love with since I first heard "That Great Love Sound" in 2003 (off of the album Chain Gang of Love i.e. the inspiration for my blog name IAMSOGAY). I know I'm not reinventing the wheel here, but they are everything I could ever want in a band. With musical influences such as The Velvet Underground, The Everly Brothers, and The Ramones, their sound mimics the structural simplicity of classic '50s & '60s beats and adds a modern electric twist. Check out their new album In and Out of Control because it is completely amazing and probably one of the best albums I've heard all year.


♪MP3: Bang! The Raveonettes
♪MP3: Gone Forever The Raveonettes
♪MP3: Last Dance The Raveonettes

No comments: